Saturday, December 14, 2013

Getting Ready for Santa and the Weekly Menu

Wow, time is flying faster than ever.  It is already December 14th.  Eleven days until Christmas and one day before Mom's birthday party where Santa shows up to see all the little ones.  I better start feeling better quick!!!!

The house is almost all decorated (except the tree has no ornaments yet) and I have my menu prepared for the party.



  I will head to the grocery store after Mass and make sure we have all that we need for this special celebration.
 
Monday we are squeezing in an extra choir practice.  Mom is spending the night at Dawn's house. Frank also has a shooting class on Monday so I hope there are leftovers from the party so I don't have to worry about making something for the class for lunch.
 
Tuesday is our Cookie Exchange Party so there is a special menu for that also.

Wednesday we are going out to dinner with the Bendas and then going to the DSO for a tribute to John Denver.  Mom will be spending the night at Dick and Jackie's house.

Thursday is our Choir Pot-Luck.  I am supplying Chicken Marsala and Frank is supplying beverages.  I am not sure what he has in mind as his specialty drink that night.

Friday we will be spending the day shopping for the Christmas baskets to distribute for the food pantry. Nancy is taking Mom to Jackie when she leaves and we will pick her up after dinner sometime.

So here is what our Weekly Menu looks like for this week.

Saturday
Out for dinner after Mass

Sunday- Mom's Birthday Celebration/Santa Party
Taco Bar
Beans and Rice
Jello Jigglers (brought by Jackie)
Birthday Cake and Ice Cream (brought by Dawn)

Meatless Monday
Macaroni and Cheese
Steamed Green Beans

Tuesday-Cookie Exchange
Salad Bar
Minestrone Soup
Chicken Noodle Soup
Dinner Rolls

Wednesday
Out with the Bendas

Thursday-Choir Pot-Luck
Chicken Marsala
Beverages

Friday
Out for dinner after shopping for Christmas Baskets

Please stop by each day for updates, recipes and photos.  I look forward to seeing you.
Linking up with MPM.  Take a look for more great menu ideas!!

2 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.