Monday, June 15, 2020

Sweet Potato Fries using the Breyville Smart Oven (Air Fryer) #MultiCookerMonday

Sweet Potatoes are so good and so good for you.  If you are hungry for them crispy and fried but don't want to negate the nurtition, just toss them in a little heart healthy olive oil, season them and bake them in an air fryer.  All the goodness of fries without the calories.


Welcome to Multi-Cooker Monday.......

Multicooker Monday is the brainchild of Sue who blogs over at Palatable Pastime.  With Instant Pots all the rage, Slow Cooker's always popular, and Air Fryers, Sous Vide arriving on the scene, Sue thought it would be a good idea to share our recipes using any and all small kitchen appliances.

I agree. And so do quite a few of my blogging friends.  So we get together on the 3rd Monday of each month to post our recipes.  Let's see what we are sharing today......
I do not have an air fryer but for Christmas one year my husband got me a countertop Breyville Smart Oven.  He did this because I often need extra oven space for large gatherings.  My old house had a Professional Viking Range with 2 ovens and I had an extra oven in my basement kitchen


For those not familiar with the Breyville Smart Oven, here it is on my counter with a closeup shot of the functions.  You can see it doesn't take up much more room than a toaster oven but it does so much more.  It has a convection setting, perfect for roasting and air frying.  It is great for proofing bread dough.  It has separate settings for pizza and cookies.  It can slow cook and keep food warm.  It is a dehydrator.  I use it more than any of my other small appliances and have recommended it to anyone who is looking for a multi cooker.


No Breyville Smart Oven?  No worries, you can use your air fryer following manufacturer's guidelines.  No Air Fryer?  No worries, just bake these in a hot (450*)  tossing them occasionally until cooked through.  They won't be as crispy but they will still be delicious.



#potatoes, #sweetpotatoes, #airfrying, #frenchfries
Potatoes, Side Dishes
American
Yield: 4 servings
Author:
Print
Sweet Potato Fries in an Air Fryer

Sweet Potato Fries in an Air Fryer

Sweet Potatoes are so good and so good for you. If you are hungry for them crispy and fried but don't want to negate the nurtition, just toss them in a little heart healthy olive oil, season them and bake them in an air fryer. All the goodness of fries without the calories.
Prep time: 10 MCook time: 20 MTotal time: 30 M

Ingredients:

  • 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into fries
  • 1 T. olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 t. cinnamon

Instructions:

  1. Place the sweet potato fries into a large bowl.  Add the olive oil.  Season with salt, pepper and cinnamon.  Toss several times to coat all pieces.
  2. Place the seasoned fries into your air fryer and cook according to manufacturers directions.  In my case, I used the air fry setting on my Breyville Smart Oven for 20 minutes at 425*, until crispy, browned and a little blistered.
Calories
172.98
Fat (grams)
7.77
Sat. Fat (grams)
1.18
Carbs (grams)
24.10
Fiber (grams)
3.10
Net carbs
21.00
Sugar (grams)
3.78
Protein (grams)
2.16
Sodium (milligrams)
155.90
Cholesterol (grams)
0.00
Created using The Recipes Generator

19 comments:

  1. Homemade crispy fries are about the only thing that might tempt me to buy an airfryer. Yours look wonderful, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are totally tempting me, and I already have a Breville!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yuuummmm these look SO good!! I have a couple sweet potatoes in my veggie bin - fries sound perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my kind of snack Wendy! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sweet potato fries, but have such a hard time getting them crispy enough in the oven without burning them. Your's look like they turned out perfect! I need to look into getting an air fryer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you break down and get one April. I'm looking at a sous vide.

      Delete
  6. So so disappointed as these were wimpy & not crispy
    Yes...I have a Breville w/ air fryer
    Yes...I followed the directions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you were disappointed. They, of course, are not going to be as crispy as fried but I found that they were still satisfying.

      Delete
  7. Just remember to space them apart so they are not touching - so in a single layer. If you just toss them in a pile into the basket they will become soggy. This works in a regular oven at 400 deg for 40 minutes turning once halfway through. I cut them into 1/2 inch thick disks though with the skin on and add a little rosemary to the mix. Use a double layer of tin foil and it will come out great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronin, I should have clarified that for George when I responded.

      Delete
  8. I followed your recipe and they were so yummy. I don’t know how to cook but bought this Breville oven to learn. Thanks for all your wonderful recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Wendy! I just got a Breville AirFryer Toaster Oven. I just started experimenting with making sweet potato fries. What level did you put your airfryer basket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Breville is marked where to put the basket for airfrying. I'm not home right now so I can't look at it. If yours is not marked I would put it in the middle of the oven.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.