Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas Decorating and Christmas Cards

I was feeling kind of punk last night so I went to bed early.  Normally if I feel myself getting sick I am able to sleep it off.  Not so lucky this time.  My sinuses are bad, my chest is heavy and my throat is tickly.  I really don't have time to be sick right now so I am going to keep plugging along and hope it doesn't get worse.

Today is Thrive at Home Thursday so it is a perfect day to spend at home getting ready for our Christmas Season. The fire place is blazing, the Christmas music is playing and the time has come to prepare for the Coming of Our Lord.
 
We brought down all our main floor decorations this morning.  The tree is not up yet. We will do that tomorrow and finish up on Saturday if need be.  The rest of the house is pretty much ready.  Let me show you what we did.
 
The very first thing I did was decorate my deer head.
I have never, ever done this before.
I always put my deer head away for Christmas.
But this year, I had to decorate it just for my friend, Paula.
Bwaaaahaha.
 
 
And I must put these out each year.
Our Eldest son made the two snow people in the front when he was 7.
Our youngest son made the Santa and snowman in the back when he was 10.
 
 
More Santas
 
 
I try to tuck things into all the nooks and crannies
 
 
Of course, more of my Nativity Collection.
This Nativity was hand carved from Olive Wood in Jerusalem.
The money made from the sale goes to support Christians in the Holy Land.
 
 
 
This was the first Nativity that I got when I moved out of my Folk's house into my own home.
 
 
This was the second.
 
 
This set was bought for me by Frank and our son, Tony, when he was just a boy.
They made the stable together for me.
 
 
My Grandniece, Lili, picked this Nativity for me.
It was a Christmas gift a couple of years ago.
 
 
Frank busy putting up the greenery.
 
 
I made these little guys in a ceramic class when I was in my 20's.
That was only 30 yrs ago LOL.
 
 
More Santas
 
I am excited to show you the rest of my decorations and my tree.  Join me tomorrow for another tour. 

This afternoon was spent making some more Christmas Cards and getting the ones that are completed ready to mail out.
 
 

 I am very pleased with how they turned out.  We send out about 100 cards so it is a big job.  Hope all of you are having a productive day too.

Join us for the 2013 Christmas Tour of Homes.

2 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud when I saw the deer. Even before I read what you had to write about it. My goodwill laugh for the day. I love your collections. Take care of yourself and get better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula....I couldn't resist....it was just too much of a temptation LOL.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.