Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday Dinner

I shared my tutorial for Lasagna yesterday and since that was all prepared and ready to go in the oven it gave me an opportunity to work on the rest of dinner.



I made some dinner rolls in lieu of the garlic bread.
I used just a standard yeast roll recipe.
 
Dinner Rolls
 
3 1/2- 4 1/2 c. of Bread Flour
1 package active dry yeast
1 c. milk
1/3 c. butter
1/3 c. sugar
1/2 t. salt
2 eggs
 
Mix 2 c. of flour and the dry yeast in a large bowl of a stand mixer.  Heat the milk, butter, sugar and salt to 120-130*.  Add to flour and yeast and mix on low speed with paddle blade for 30 seconds.  Add eggs and mix on med high speed for 5 minutes.  Turn speed to low and add flour until the dough doesn't want to accept anymore.  Change from paddle blade to dough hook and knead until the dough is smooth and elastic.  Shape dough into a round and place in an oiled bowl. Flip the round of dough over so that all sides are covered with oil.  Cover the bowl, place it in a warm space and let dough rise until doubled in size, about 1 hr.  When dough is doubled remove from bowl, punch down and split dough in half making 2 balls.  Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.  Using a pastry cutter cut the dough into pieces and roll into balls.  Place in a baking pan sprayed with olive oil.  Bake at 350* for 15 min. Print Recipe
 
I pulled out the rolls and put the Lasagna in the oven and while it was baking I made up my Caesar Dressing.  I don't always make my own dressing but I don't know why because it is so Easy Peasy.
 
 
 
Caesar Salad
 
Zest and Juice from half a lemon
1/2 t. Dijon mustard
1 dash Worcestershire Sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
dash of salt
5 turns of a peppermill
1/4 c. Olive Oil
2 t. Sour Cream
 
Put all ingredients except sour cream in a small bowl and whisk until oil is incorporated.  Add sour cream and whisk until smooth.
 
1 head Romaine lettuce
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese or more to taste
2/3 c. Garlic Croutons
 
Tear 1 head Romaine Lettuce into bite size pieces.  Put into bowl with shredded or shaved parmesan cheese to taste and garlic croutons if desired.  Toss with dressing and serve.
 
 
Pull the Lasagna from the oven and Dinner is Served.  Enjoy!!
 
I am linking up with Thrive at Home Thursdays.  Please join us.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Thanks for sharing these recipes at Thrive @ Home Thursday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Jenni. Thanks for stopping by to check them out.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.