Sunday, December 1, 2013

Fun Day with Mom

We went to another "Toys for Tots" fundraiser today.   This event was put on by some local business people in our area.  They have been doing this for over 20 yrs.  It is also a Chili Cook off in which you vote for the best chili from the residents in the area and a separate vote for the three area fire departments.  There were 13 chilies in all to taste.  Mom could not understand why I was making such a pig of myself going back again and again AND then throwing my leftovers at her like she was an animal of some sort.  I tried to explain to her that we were just taking a taste of each one to see which we preferred but she didn't get it.  So then I started bringing her a taste cup of each for herself and she couldn't understand why she had to have so many servings of chili.  Anyway, I think she had enough lunch.  When I took her chips to vote for the chili of our choice she asked what I was doing.  I told her I was voting for her.  She was happy then because she thought perhaps she would win.

 
Mom and Santa at Toy for Tots.
 

1 comment:

  1. How funny! And what a sweet picture of her with Santa!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.