Saturday, December 21, 2013

Spaghetti Saturday

Okay...so here's the thing.  In this household, for some reason, everyone prefers Frank's Spaghetti and Meat Sauce over mine.  I don't get it because he uses my canned Marinara Sauce!!

This morning when I told Ting that we were having Spaghetti for dinner her first question was "Frank's spaghetti?"   So I asked Frank what his secret was and he shared it with me.  Now I will share it with you.  He says he adds the ketchup and garlic powder whether he is using my homemade sauce or store bought sauce.



Frank's Famous Spaghetti with Meat Sauce

1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, diced
1/2 T. olive oil
1 qt. Marinara Sauce
2 T. ketchup
1/2 t. garlic powder
1 lb. spaghetti, cooked to al dente

Saute ground beef and onion in olive oil until beef is cooked through and onions are translucent.  Drain any fat and return to pan with Marinara, ketchup and garlic powder. Simmer while you cook pasta to package directions.  Drain pasta and top with Meat Sauce and Parmesan Cheese to taste.
Print Recipe



2 comments:

  1. That is so funny....my boys always preferred Richard's meat loaf to mine. And now they HAVE to eat mine. Serves them right!!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.