Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Ch Ch Ch Ch Changes....

Did you sing that title?  Every time I say changes I end up singing chchchchchchanges LOL.  For those of you who think I am nuts (or nuttier), I have not lost my mind.  This was a song by David Bowie and I think it may have been redone not too long ago by some rap group.

Anyway.....Since I just made Vegetable Beef Barley Soup which wasn't on the menu at all; but I couldn't just throw away those bones from my Beef and Noodles which was on the menu, I did not want to make soup again today.

I had taken a chicken from the freezer because I still want the breasts for tomorrow's Chicken Piccata so I needed to use up the other parts of the chicken somehow but not with the soup as originally planned.  I looked in my fridge and found half a pint of Cranberry Sauce that was left from Thanksgiving and decided I better use that up too. 

So I put the legs, thighs and wings into the crockpot.


Seasoned it with Salt and Pepper and added a diced onion.


Topped it with the Cranberry Sauce.
Poured a cup of Chicken Broth over it.
 (well I still had Turkey Broth, so I used that instead)
And set it for 4 hours.


Dinner is served.
There were a couple of changes I will make next time.
I would remove the skin from the chicken before cooking and I would use less broth.
I have already made those changes in the printable recipe.


Cranberry Chicken
6-8 pieces of Chicken, skin removed
1 small onion, diced
1 Can Whole Cranberry Sauce
1/2 c. Chicken Broth
Salt and Pepper to taste

Place all ingredients in Slow Cooker and cook on High for 4 hrs or on Low for 6-8 hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.