Monday, December 16, 2013

Making Cookies Monday

We had lots of leftover chicken but not much more was left after yesterdays party. I used some of the chicken to make a Chicken Pot Pie to serve for lunch during Frank's shooting class.  I will use the rest of the leftover chicken to make my Chicken Noodle Soup for tomorrow.

Nancy had cataract surgery this morning so she is not going to be here to help me with Mom for the next couple of days.  Dawn and I met for lunch today and then she took Mom home with her for the night which is a big help because I have the cookie exchange party to prepare for and we also have an extra choir practice tonight. 

These are the cookies I made for tomorrow.  I got the recipe from a Penzey magazine.  I tried to find the recipe on their site but had no luck.  It was provided to them by one of their customers.  I no longer have the magazine just a copy that I made of the recipe so the only credit I can give is to say that the cook's name was Lilly and she had a daughter named Gracie.  I know this because there is a quote on the copy of my recipe "Lilly writes, "Gracie loves to mix these up".  This is the third Christmas I have made these cookies.  They are delicious.  So Lilly, if you happen to read this blog, I would like to thank you for sharing this recipe.



Chocolate Cherry Bubbles

2 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
3 eggs
1 c. vegetable oil
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1 t. pure almond extract
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
2 1/3 c. all purpose flour
5 oz. dried cherries
1/3 c. mini chocolate chips

Glaze:
1/2 c. butter
1/4 c. milk
1 T. light corn syrup
2 t. vanilla
4 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
2 c. powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350*.  Put the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and melt the chocolate at 50% power for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each 30 seconds.  Let cool. 
In large bowl, beat eggs until foamy.  Add the sugar and oil and beat until frothy.  Blend in almond extract, baking powder, baking soda and melted chocolate.  Gradually add flour and beat until smooth.  Fold in the cherries and mini chocolate chips.  Shape into walnut size balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.  Be careful not to overbake.

While cookies cool combine glaze ingredients in a saucepan and heat over low heat, stirring often, until melted.  Drizzle cooled cookies with glaze.  Print Recipe

Each Recipe makes 3-4 doz. cookies so I had to double the recipe for my cookie exchange.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.