Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Whirlwind Wednesday

You won't believe how quick & easy it is to make this darling M is for Magazine rack using precut wood letters & a piece of scrap wood!  A stylish & original gift idea that is sure to be a hitLots of running around to do today.  I want to get my Santa's glasses painting framed so I can hang it for the Christmas Season.  I also want to pick up the materials to make these great magazine racks found on Living Well, Spending Less.  I think it is a great idea and looks easy enough.  Won't that be a cute gift to give along with a magazine subscription??

Then I need to get to Costco because we are out of garbage bags, laundry detergent, dish soap, etc...all those things that you need to run your house smoothly and efficiently  While I am there I hope to find a few more Christmas gifts.

I also need to deliver the packages from my Origami Owl Party and most importantly I need to get to the feed store.  My poor pigs got nothing but scraps from the kitchen yesterday and they look like they have already lost an ounce or two LOL.

 
They sure are getting big.
You can see how much they have grown by going here.


Dinner tonight is Taco Pie.  I am not sure where I got this recipe but I am sure it was off the back of a box or in a magazine.  I have been making this since my kids were toddlers.  It is easy and fast for those days like today when you are running around like a nut.



Taco Pie

1 pkg. refrigerated Crescent Rolls
Tortilla Chips, crushed
1 lb. hamburger
1 small onion, chopped
1 small can green chilies
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 c. shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 c. Sour Cream
Lettuce, shredded
Tomatoes, diced

Remove Crescent Rolls from tube and separate into individual pieces.  Lay into a pie pan with the wide end going up the side and the pointy end toward the middle.  Press together so seams join. Place 1 c. of crushed tortilla chips over the crescent crust.

Brown meat and onion in large fry pan.  Drain any fat and add chilies, seasoning mix and 1/2 c. water to beef.  Simmer for 5 min.  Spoon into Crescent Crust. 

Cover meat with Sour Cream.  Sprinkle with Cheese and additional Tortilla Chips.

Bake at 375* for 20-25 minutes.  Garnish with Lettuce and Tomatoes.

Print Recipe


2 comments:

  1. Love the magazine rack...and just added that Taco Pie to my recipe book Looks Yummy

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.