Sunday, December 1, 2013

Turkey Frame Soup Continued.....

So this is where I left you yesterday.......


I also started my Turkey Frame Soup.  I threw the turkey frame, neck, skin, and scraps into my stockpot added an onion, parsley, a carrot and a stalk of celery.  Brought this to a boil and reduced the heat to low.  I will let it simmer while we have dinner and I make the Tiramisu and then it will go outside (It is in the 30's here) to cool off and be continued tomorrow.

 
This morning I brought in the stock. 
 And removed all the meat from the bones.
 
 
I ended up with quite a bit of meat from those scraps.
 
 
I strained the broth through a fine sieve lined with cheesecloth.
8 cups for the soup and the rest to use while cooking this week.
 
 
Chop 3 cups of vegetables of your choice.
Today I am using onions, carrots and celery because that is what I have on hand.
In the past, I have used broccoli or cauliflower, mushroom and parsnips.
Whatever vegetables you like and have on hand are fine.
 
 
You will need a can of diced tomatoes
 
 
And a couple of handfuls of noodles.
 
 
Place broth in a soup pot.
Add bouillon cubes, basil, tomatoes with their juice and vegetables.
Bring to boil and let cook for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Throw in a couple of handfuls of noodles and boil another 10 minutes.
Turn heat to low, add turkey and heat through.
 
 
Enjoy!
 
 
Turkey Frame Soup
 
1 meaty turkey frame, including any skin
1 onion,chunked
1 carrot, scrubbed and chunked (you can include greens if they are still on)
1 stalk celery, chunked, including leaves.
Handful of Parsley leaves if desired.
Salt and Pepper to taste.
 
Place all ingredients in a large stock pot and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 - 2 hrs.  Remove from heat, let cool and refrigerate over night.
 
2 bouillon cubes
2 t.  dried basil leaves
1/4 t. pepper
3 cups assorted vegetables, chopped
1 can diced tomatoes with their juice
1.5 c. uncooked egg noodles.
 
Remove all meat from bones and set aside.  Discard solids.  Strain broth through a sieve lined with cheesecloth.  You will need 8 cups for the soup.
 
Place Broth into a large soup pot.  Add all other ingredients except meat and noodles.  Bring to a boil and cook for 15 min.  Add noodles and cook for 10 min. longer.  Reduce heat, add reserved turkey and heat through.  Print Recipe
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious and warming! At first I wasn't sure what a "frame" was...that's a much better word than the one I use: carcass!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.