Thursday, December 5, 2013

In my own little corner in my own little chair....

Those of us lucky enough to have experienced Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella as youngsters during the holiday season might recognize the title of my post today.
The 1965 version starring Lesley Ann Warren was truly the most beautiful movie ever.  I looked so forward to seeing it and I wish all the time that it would come back so that the grand nieces and nephews could enjoy it also.  In the beginning of the movie she sings "In my own little corner, in my own little chair, I can be whatever I want to be."  That song resonated with me for some reason.  It often is in my head as I am facing a challenge.  When I was young, pregnant and unmarried.  When I was going through the testing to be a police officer.  When I was going through my divorce. When I suffered the breakdown that ended my career. When my Pops was dying. When my brother took his life. During all these time I would sing this song to myself.  It would remind me that anything is possible.

In my bedroom I have a little nook that I have turned into my prayer corner.  And when I sit down there each day to spend time with my Lord, who through all things are possible, this song runs through my head.
 
It is a peaceful spot for me.  A place where I can go when I feel frightened or alone and know that God is with me.  A place I can go when life is wonderful and I want to thank God for his goodness.  A place I can go when I need to converse with my Lord or just curl up with a good book away from the hustle and bustle that is often my life.
 
I think it is important that we all have our own little corner and our own little chair.  A place where we can dream and plan and relax and pray.  I hope each of you are lucky enough to have that too.
 
I am linking up with Thrive at Home Thursdays.  Please join us.


2 comments:

  1. I'm still trying to decided where my "little corner" will be in our new house! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well wherever you decide it will be your place to be whatever you want to be.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.