Saturday, December 28, 2013

Weekly Menu

It is time, once again, to post the weekly menu.  I really enjoy the weekly menu posts because it gives me an opportunity to review what activities lay ahead and how to manage the meals to fit in with those activities.  Not to mention it gives me an excuse to sit around with my cookbooks and recipe cards and no one knows that I am just loafing LOL.

So here is what our week holds:

Saturday we are hosting a brunch for our TC Family and the Lents' (John and Kirsten) and their extended family.  There will be about 20 of us.  I got the new Pioneer Woman cookbook for Christmas so I will be trying a recipe from there. We also got a lovely fruit basket for Christmas that included a Pineapple and some Mango so I think a fruit salad sounds good.  Dinner will be at Frank's sisters house.

Sunday, Amy has invited us and our TC Family to her house for dinner.

Monday we are having some walleye, which is a fish native to Michigan, that was given to us by a gentleman who hunted on our land this fall.  There is a huge batch of it so I was waiting until I had enough fish lovers to make it.

Tuesday is New Years Eve.  I'm thinking perhaps Carry Out Chinese Food and Game night sounds good.

Wednesday is New Years Day.  All our company will be leaving us and I will be doing distributions at the Food Pantry so I think a Crock Pot meal fits the bill.

Thursday we are celebrating Christmas with our middle son who was sick on Christmas and couldn't join us until his next day off.

Friday I am leaving to take Mom to CA to spend a couple of months with Larry and Mary.  I will be home the following Wednesday, well actually early Thursday morning.



And here is the Weekly Menu:

Saturday Brunch
Oatmeal
Eggs in Hash Brown Nests
Ham Steaks
Cinnamon Apple Pie Bread
Banana Bread
Tropical Fruit Salad
Mimosas

Sunday
Dinner at Amy and Doug's house

Monday
Walleye (Pickeral)
Macaroni and Cheese
Steamed Broccoli
Glazed Carrots

Tuesday-New Years Eve
Chinese Carry Out

Wednesday
Split Pea Soup
Salad

Thursday
French Onion Soup
Chopped Salad with Bacon and Blue Cheese
Beef Tenderloin Bourguignon
Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
Vegetable Medley
Hot Fudge Sundaes

Friday
California Bound-Leftovers for Frank

Please join me each day as I post recipes and pictures.  Also check out MPM for lots of menu ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Are you driving? Or flying? That will be a wonderful break for you...and your mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We fly. Mom will stay with my brother and his wife until March. My sister will fly out and bring her home on March 10th. I am looking forward to the break.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.