Sunday, December 29, 2013

Sunday Stealing

I am sitting here doing a whole lot of nothing but relaxing so I thought I would hop over to kwizgiver and steal her Sunday Stealing.

1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?  I think the best thing that happened for me this past year was acquiring Princess Fiona of Fair Haven.

  
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened? Learning to accept my brother's decision to take his life last Christmas.
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?  Having my family step in and give me help and support with Mom.
4. What was an unexpected obstacle? Unexpected financial obligations
5. Pick three words to describe 2013.  Faith, Family, Fun 
6. What were the best books you read this year? The Double Bind, The Fifty Shades of Gray Trilogy, The Odd Thomas Series. 
7. With whom were your most valuable relationships? God and Frank 
8. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year? Losing my dedication to exercise and gaining all my weight back. 
9. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally? I learned that as much as you love someone and/or want to control things you really have no power over them or the decisions they make. 
10. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually? It was a rough year for me spiritually.  I lost a priest who I loved, respected and admired when he was going through some personal problems of his own.  It is hard when someone who you think has it all together and who you try to emulate falls off that pedestal you put them on.  I learned that everyone is human and that we are all sinners. 
11. In what way(s) did you grow physically? I gained 15 lbs. LOL.  
12. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others? As stated above, I learned that we are all sinners and that we need to accept others with all their faults and weaknesses if we want them to accept us. 
13. What was the most enjoyable part of your work? The days I could laugh with Mom and appreciate that she still has a good attitude and good sense of humor.  
14. What was the most challenging part of your work? Answering the same question for the 78th time in one day.
15. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year? This dang computer!! 
16. What was the best way you used your time this past year? Getting the food pantry up and running. 
17. What was biggest thing you learned this past year? That there are many things beyond my control.
18. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2013 for you. Let Go and Let God.


1 comment:

  1. I learned a lot about you today Reading this Sunday Stealing. I feel your pain about your brother. {{hugs}} and about your mom {{hugs}} and I, too, have had a rough year spiritually...not for the same reason but rough still. Great answers!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.