Sunday, December 15, 2013

Reminiscing of Christmas' Past

Our prompt today from Holidailies 2013 Badge asks us what we miss most from our childhood holidays now that we are adults.

I have pondered this and I have many good memories but none of them have to do with things.  They all have to do with people.  The people I loved and got to spend time with during the holiday season.
My godparents, Uncle Moe and Aunt Aggie, my Aunt Lillian and Uncle George, my Uncle Dick and Aunt Phyllis, my Grandma Trombley and my Grandma Mary.  All of my folks' friends who were like aunts and uncles to us, the Harrimans, the Johns', the Maceronis.  This year, of course, I am mostly missing my Pops, my brother, Dan, and my nephew, Danny.  God willing it will be many years before I am reunited with all of these "memories" but I find comfort in knowing that one day I will be celebrating Christmas with them all again.

2 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.