Sunday, June 23, 2019

Chocolate Dream Pie #OurFamilyTable

Throwback to many of our childhoods here. This Chocolate Dream Pie is just as good as you remember.


I have fond memories of my Mom serving up this easy, no bake, back of the box recipe.  Perfect to share with you today as the members of From our Dinner Table Group celebrate No Bake Dessert Recipes.


No Bake Dessert Recipes


We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!

I was 5th in line of 6 siblings.  My 4 older brothers have way different food memories of my Mom than I.  By the time I came along in the 50's my Mom had jumped onto the convenience food bandwagon with both feet.  

We had lots of Casseroles made with Campbell Soups.  Spaghetti was now made with Canned or Jarred Sauce.  Frozen dinners were common.  Velveeta was the base for anything creamy or cheesy.  And Dream Whip and Pudding were the makings for pie.  

Back of the box recipes were all the rave and popular throughout the USA.  This was understandable because the convenience products competing for attention out there put the very best recipes on their boxes in hopes of grabbing onto customers. Today many of these same companies post their best recipes on the internet with the same hopes.  



The fact that this Dream Pie recipe is the same today on the internet as it was printed on the box back in the "olden days" attests to it's goodness and popularity.


The fact that it is easily made up, in only 10 minutes, using ingredients often on hand in your pantry makes it the perfect dessert for impromptu Summer gatherings.  



#backoftheboxrecipes, #nobake, #desserts, #creampie, #pie, #easy, #quick, #chocolate,
Desserts, Pie
American
Yield: 8 Servings
Author: Wendy Klik

Chocolate Dream Pie

Throwback to many of our childhoods here. This Chocolate Dream Pie is just as good as you remember.

ingredients:

  • 2 envelopes Whipped Topping Mix
  • 2 3/4 c. milk, divided
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 2 (3.9 oz) pkgs. Instant Chocolate Pudding
  • 1 pre-made Chocolate Cookie Pie Crust

instructions:

How to cook Chocolate Dream Pie

  1. Place the whipped topping and 1 cup of the milk into the large bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.  Whisk on low speed until combined.  Increase the speed to high and beat for about 5 minutes, until soft peaks form.
  2. Add the remaining milk and the pudding.  Beat on low speed until blended then increase the speed and beat on high for 2 minutes, stopping to scrape the bowl as needed.
  3. Spoon into pre-made chocolate cookie crust and refrigerate for 4 hrs. or until firm.

NOTES:

Recipe found on the back of Dream Whip Topping.
Calories
198.20
Fat (grams)
7.90
Sat. Fat (grams)
2.90
Carbs (grams)
26.09
Fiber (grams)
0.76
Net carbs
25.33
Sugar (grams)
6.51
Protein (grams)
5.46
Sodium (milligrams)
259.59
Cholesterol (grams)
8.87
Created using The Recipes Generator




10 comments:

  1. I've never heard of dream whip. I'll have to see if I can find it. Looks very chocolaty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! It looks like the perfect pie to cool off with on a hot summer day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a yummy pie! I did not have chocolate pie growing up, but enjoy it as an adult!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate in a chocolate crust--perfect! I love the ease of the packaged crusts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, Inger and life doesn't get much easier than this pie.

      Delete
  5. Until I saw the Dream Whip box, I totally skipped what this was! I remember my mom making this for us. Memories!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.