Thursday, December 26, 2013

It is Good Enough

Happy 2nd Day of Christmas everyone. 

Today's prompt at Holidailies 2013 Badge asks us to tell of the best advice we have ever been given.

This was tough because I am OLD and I have received lots of great advice over the years.  Some of it that I didn't even realize was great advice until I heeded it.  But I think one of the things I have learned and would like to pass on to you is "If it is good enough for your family, it is good enough for company".

This advice helps me in many ways.  It reminds me that my family is and/or should be more important than any company that drops by.  The meals I cook, the housekeeping that I do, the presentation I give....all these things should be done with love in my heart for my family and their well being.  I shouldn't allow these things to go by the wayside and be brought out only when company is expected.

It also reminds me that if someone drops by unexpectedly I can relax and enjoy their company instead of worrying that the floor hasn't been vacuumed or there are dishes in the sink.  If it is not bad enough to affect my family then it should not matter to them.  If it does matter to them they are welcome not to stop by in the future.

This advice also reminds me that if I am a guest in someone else's home I should feel honored that they are comfortable enough with me to invite me in as family and not worry about the dog snots on their windows or the coffee rings on their tables.  I am there to spend time with them not to evaluate their houses other than to enjoy the love that abides within.

 
It is the second day of Christmas and if you were to knock on my door right now, this is what you would find.  But not to worry because there is coffee on and leftover cookies to share so we will just overlook the chaos and enjoy each other's company!

4 comments:

  1. I think I would definitely enjoy being in your home & with you! I definitely would not mind if you saw my dust bunnies :) as I would still share my coffee & cookies with you. May we always remember, it truly is about spending time with those we love! Great post & I am so glad that I visited today from Thrive at Home.
    Happy New Year!
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne. You just made my day. I am so glad you stopped by please visit again.

      Delete
  2. Great advice! I think I needed to read this BEFORE this week began! :) Thanks for linking up to Thrive @ Home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, I find your Thrive at Home Thursdays very inspiring and I appreciate your hosting them.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.