Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Cookie Exchange Party

Today we are having our cookie exchange  Yesterday I posted about the cookies I made but since today is also List it Tuesday I thought I would list the cookies that others were bringing for tonight.  Before my list I would like to share the invitation that was sent and the menu I am using for tonight.  We have also invited spouses/significant others/friends this year and are using them as judges for the cookies.  I expect to have a wonderful time since we are having a wonderful group of people joining us.

My Invitation
 
 
My Menu


 
And here is the List of Cookies being brought:
 
  1. Candy Cane Sugar Cookies
  2. Coconut Snowball Truffles
  3. Milk Chocolate Almond Brickle
  4. No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
  5. Peanut Butter Meltaways
  6. Military Nockyouonyourass Rum Balls 
I have a table all set up for the soup and salad buffet.
 
 
 
 
and another table for the cookies.
 
  
 
Each cookie has a nametag, a plate to put out the cookies for tasting
and space behind for the cookies to be taken home.
 
 
  Each cookie has been assigned a number and the judges will place their choice by number into a container in front of each wrapped gift....Most Delicious, Most Unique, and Most Beautiful.
 
 
 
 
I couldn't decide which goes better with cookies......Coffee or Milk.....so I decided to meet in the middle and make White Russians.
 
 
 
White Russians
 
1 shot coffee liquor
1 shot vodka
1/2 c. Milk or Cream
 
Mix all ingredients.  Serve over ice.
 
 

     
 
 


 

3 comments:

  1. I think a white Russian goes well with everything :) This sounds like so much fun. I have never been to a cookie exchange. Does each guest go home with cookies made by others?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, each person brings 1 dozen cookies per guest plus cookies for tasting. In this case we are having 8 guests so each will go home with 7 dozen different kinds of cookies plus whatever cookie they made themselves. It is a fun and easy way to have lots of variety without all the work involved.

      Delete
    2. That would be awesome. Maybe I will have to try doing this some year in the future...

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.