Saturday, November 30, 2013

Turkey Pot Pie, Tiramisu and Turkey Frame Soup

Dinner tonight is Turkey Pot Pie. I make it exactly like Chicken Pot Pie but use Turkey (imagine that)LOL.

After dinner, I made Tiramisu to take to Amy's for dinner tomorrow.  Both Amy and Frank love Tiramisu and it is relatively easy to make.  I adapted my version from this recipe found on allrecipes.com.  You will find my version of this recipe below.

 
Place 6 egg yolks into a large saucepan.
Reserve the whites for another day.
We will have egg white vegetable omelets in the morning.
That should make up for Lasagna and Tiramisu for dinner LOL.
 
 
Add the sugar.
 
 
Whisk together.
Turn on heat to medium.
 
 
Add the milk and stir continuously until it comes to a boil.
Cook and Stir for one more minute.
 
 
It will become fluffy and turn into this beautiful golden yellow color.
Cool slightly and then refrigerate for 1 hour.
 
 
Whisk the Mascarpone into the cooled egg yolk mixture.
 
 
Whip together the cream and vanilla.
 
 
Place a layer of cookies on the bottom of the serving dish.
You may have to break them to make them fit.
Retain any pieces.
 
 
Mix together coffee and Kahlua
 
 
Pour half the coffee mixture over the cookies.
 
 
Add a layer of Mascarpone mixture.
 
 
A layer of Whipped Cream
 
 
Sprinkle with cocoa
 
 
Make a second series of layers, piecing cookies together as needed.
Refrigerate for at least 6 hours and up to 2 days before serving.

Tiramisu

6 egg yolks
3/4 c. sugar
2/3 c. milk
1 1/4 c. heavy cream
1/2 t. vanilla
1 carton Mascarpone cheese
1 c. coffee at room temperature
1/4 c. Kahlua
Soft Ladyfinger Cookies
2 t. unsweetened Cocoa

Whisk yolks and sugar in med. saucepan until well blended.  Whisk in milk and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.  Allow to boil gently for one minute while continuing to whisk. Cool, cover and place in refrigerator for an hour.  Once cooled whisk the Mascarpone cheese in until smooth.

Beat the cream and vanilla in a large bowl with the whisk of a stand mixer until peaks form.

Mix the coffee and Kahlua into a shallow bowl. Dip the lady fingers in this mixture and then place into your serving piece.  I am using an 8x8 pyrex dish but I have doubled the recipe and used a 9x13
pan and I have also used a trifle bowl and placed the ladyfingers on the bottom and stood them up around the sides.

This is best made the day before but always chill for at least 6 hrs. before serving to allow the flavors to blend. Print Recipe

I also started my Turkey Frame Soup.  I threw the turkey frame, neck, skin, and scraps into my stockpot added an onion, parsley, a carrot and a stalk of celery.  Brought this to a boil and reduced the heat to low.  I will let it simmer while we have dinner and I make the Tiramisu and then it will go outside (It is in the 30's here) to cool off and be continued tomorrow.


Tune in tomorrow for the rest of this recipe and to just say "Hey".....Have a great night all!!

5 comments:

  1. I have leftover turkey so I want to make your Turkey Pot Pie...I printed off the recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy...I also made a Turkey Tetrazzini that was very tasty. How is Richard today?

      Delete
    2. A bit better. Thank you for asking! How is your mom doing?

      Delete
    3. She is nutty as ever but feeling great physically.

      Delete
    4. Funny.....Richard is crazy as well as sick. LOL

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.