Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Try it Tuesday Tortilla Soup

Today's Try it Tuesday recipe is for Tortilla Soup.  The soup I am making is loosely adapted from this recipe.  As you know I adapt most of my recipes to work with what I have in the pantry and fridge and to suit the tastes of my family.



Here is my adaptation of it.

Chicken Tortilla Soup

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, drained
2 c. cooked chicken breast,diced
2 c. chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can diced tomatoes
1 small can green chiles,drained
1 t. cumin
1 t. oregano
1 t. coriander
1 dash hot pepper sauce
Crushed Tortilla Chips
Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese

Place all ingredients, except for Corn Chips and Cheese, into a saucepan and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer for 20 min.  Garnish with Crushed Corn Chips and Shredded Cheese.
Print Recipe

A fast easy dish, perfect for those busy nights when there is no time to spare for the kitchen.

3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. Ihope you will linkup your recipes with my Small Victories Sunday linkup open all week! http://momssmallvictories.com/small-victories-sunday-linkup-24/

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.