Thursday, November 7, 2013

Tasty Thursday

Another busy day today.  Took Mom Klik back to the wound doctor and then out to lunch.  On the way home I stopped by Archivers to get some supplies I need for my scrapbooking day tomorrow.

Jen and Lil will be here this evening and Amy is joining us for dinner so I think I will skip choir tonight so I can spend time with them.

Dinner tonight is City Chicken, which is not chicken at all but breaded pork (and sometimes veal) on skewers.  Below are step by step instructions.

 
2 lbs of pork stewing meat or 1 lb pork and 1 lb veal stewing meat.
I used to use a mixture but that was before I started raising my own meat and I don't raise veal.
 
 
4.5"skewers
 
 
Breading station.
  1/2 c. flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
1 egg, beaten.
1 c. seasoned bread crumbs
 
 
Place 4-5 cubes of meat onto each skewer.
Roll in Flour.
 
 
Then in the egg.
 
 
Then in the bread crumbs.
 
 
Brown in batches in 2T of oil using an oven safe skillet.
You may have to add more oil between batches.
 
 
Set aside once they are browned.
 
 
Deglaze the pan with 1 c. chicken broth.
 
 
Return skewers to pan, cover and bake at 350* for 45 min.
Uncover and bake for an additional 10 min. to crisp back up.
 
City Chicken
 
2 lbs pork stew or 1 lb each pork and veal stew
10 Skewers 4.5" long
1/2 c. flour seasoned with salt and pepper
1 egg, beaten
1 c. seasoned bread crumbs
Cooking oil (I use coconut)
1 c. chicken broth
 
Place 4-5 pieces of meat on each skewer.  Set up a breading station by placing the seasoned flour, egg and bread crumbs in separate bowls.  Roll each skewer in the flour, then the egg and then the bread crumbs.  Brown in batches in 2 T. oil using an oven proof skillet.  Remove from pan after browned.  Deglaze pan with 1c.chicken broth. Return skewers to pan, cover and bake at 350* for 45 min. Uncover and bake for 10 min. longer.  Print Recipe
 
 
Enjoy!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.