Thursday, November 7, 2013

Magnificent Beauty


I was feeling a little blue today for no particular reason.  Maybe because it has been pretty gray the last few days and I suffer a bit from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder).  Not bad but just enough that I don't feel like my usual joyful self. So that made me think of sunshine, sunshine made me think of vacation and vacation made me think of scuba diving.

If you have never gotten to see the magnificent beauty that is under the sea you are missing out on some of Gods greatest creations.  I feel closer to God underwater than anywhere else in the world.  It just takes my breath away discovering all His majesty.

These thoughts took away my blues and also hit me over the head with the knowledge that I am very, very lucky to be able to enjoy a hobby that many others can only dream of.  It is with a deep sense of Thanksgiving and gratitude that I share a bit of my passion.

 
Lobster

 
Fan Coral

 
Barrel Coral
 
 
Turtle
 
 
The rule is that you touch nothing while under water
 but as with any rule there are exceptions.
Groupers are very friendly and will often come up to you so you can pet them.
Starfish and Conch can be handled gently and carefully with no ill effect.
 
I feel much better now. Thanks for joining me.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I would love to own that starfish! What a beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love her to be my dive instructor
    she looks kinda cute ;)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.