Sunday, November 24, 2013

Hosting a Home Party

Today Kirsten and I are hosting an Origami Owl party for our friend, Karen, who just became a distributor. 

I don't particularly care for hosting home parties.  Oh, I don't mind all the people coming over and visiting...in fact I love that part of it and I love planning what I will serve and how I will decorate but there are several reasons why I don't like having home parties.
  1. I don't want people to feel obligated to come over if they are busy or don't like home parties.
  2. I don't want the people who do come to feel obligated to buy anything.  I am completely happy just spending time visiting with them.
  3. I don't want to be obligated to go or buy from other people's home parties just because they attended mine.
That being said, I am happy to host this party for Karen.  She is a dear woman and has found herself out of a job. This is what she is doing now to make ends meet and Kirsten and I are thrilled to be able to help her out.  I also like the Origami Owl line.  It helps if you like what you are asking others to come and learn about.

This leads me into my 30 Days of Thanksgiving Challenge.  Today I am Thankful that I had a career that I not only loved but that provided a wonderful retirement plan so that I don't have to worry about how I am going to make ends meet each month.  I was truly blessed to have fallen into a career that was, 30 years ago, primarily a male domain so the pay and benefits were commensurate with that. I was able to provide for my children without struggling.  That is something not too many women were able to do at that time.

So.......Onto the fun stuff about Hosting a Home Party.

 
I grabbed my owl from upstairs and brought him down for the Origami Owl Party.
I also changed my blocks that I got from Dayspring that was reading YOGA to reading OWL.
 
 
I put out lots of snacks
 
 
And Frank made his famous Milky Way Martinis.
 
 
Milky Way Martinis
 
1 shot Vanilla Vodka
1 shot Dark Crème De Cocoa
1 shot of Irish Cream
1/2 shot Kahlua
 
Shake over Ice.  Pour into a glass that has been drizzled with caramel and chocolate sauce.
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I am sure a Milky Way martini would get me ready to do some shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are delicious Paula but I let Mom have 2 of them....not a good idea......she was in bed at 4 pm....Maybe it was a good idea LOL

      Delete
  2. Thank you Wendy! I loved meeting your friends and family. They are great! You have a big heart ( and home, lol) Thanks for sharing both!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have you here Kneena. And wasn't the Origami Owl distributor a fantastic lady?!

      Delete
  3. Sorry for not coming didn't know u felt like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never want anyone to feel obligated to do anything they aren't comfortable or able to do. I just like spending time with my family and friends.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.