Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Thoughts for Tuesday

It is true that certain breeds of dogs have certain traits ingrained in them. Princess Fiona is a chocolate Lab and like all Labs has an inbred love of water.  I have a great shower in my master bath with a free swinging door. Every morning while I am showering the puppy pushes the door open and joins me.  All of the sudden she is down at my feet biting up at the water. It is hilarious.  This morning Frank got a picture of it.


Today is Try it Tuesday so we are having Venison Stroganoff.  Venison is not new to us nor is Stroganoff but this recipe is new.  I found it in Wildlife Chef by the Michigan United Conservation Club.  This recipe calls for vinegar.  I imagine that is to tenderize the meat and take away any gamey taste. 

Venison Stroganoff

Cut 2 lbs of round steak into small cubes.  Roll in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.  Brown in hot butter.  Add 1/2 c water and 1/2 c vinegar and simmer until tender. Add water as necessary to keep from burning.  When tender pour off excess liquid and add:
1 c. sour cream
1 bay leaf
pepper to taste
1 small can of mushroom pieces
4 T. butter
2 t. celery salt
2 T. Worcestershire sauce.
Cover and simmer until heated through.  Do not boil.
 Print Recipe

As I was cooking this recipe I could tell it was going to be an EPIC FAIL.  I should have known better than to cook my venison in all that vinegar.  Yes it was extremely tender.  It was also extremely sour and then they had you add sour cream to that.  One bite and it turned my stomach inside out.  So I will not be adding this recipe to my recipe page and the next time I will just make my own Stroganoff recipe and use venison instead of beef as I always have.

 
It doesn't even look appetizing to me.
FAIL, FAIL, FAIL
 
We are off to the local bar, Johnny Lega's, for a burger and a beer.  At least Mom wasn't here starving to death and ready for bed.  Good Night all.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.