Saturday, November 9, 2013

St. Jude

 
The scrapbooking event I attended today was to benefit the St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital.
 
 
This is a great organization and one that I am happy to support.  I have also done a 5K run to support this charity.  I can't imagine how difficult it is to be in a situation where you would need to call upon their services but I am very Thankful that they are there for those that do need them.
 
St. Jude is the patron saint of Hope.  He is often called upon during times of illness and especially depression and a feeling of hopelessness.  This is a very dear subject to me because, having suffered with depression, I understand how devastating hopelessness is and how hard it is to face each day without being able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. 
 


So, today I am Thankful for St. Jude and for all the good works done in his name and his memory.  I am also Thankful for the advances in medicine that recognize depression as a treatable disease and for the medications that take away that sense of desperate hopelessness.

I am linking up with Thrive at Home Thursday.  Stop on by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.