Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A New Page Dedicated to Mom

I found that the posts I wrote during my 31 Day 2013 Challenge about caring for my Mom and dealing with Alzheimer/Dementia Disease were very popular and helpful to some who are in the same position.

Since my Mom and this Disease take up so much of my time and energy I thought I would start a page just for those posts.  I may not post every day but I will post whenever I want to share a memory or a moment that I think will be of interest to you. 

Please feel free to join me in sharing your struggles with this terrible disease and the ways that you have found to cope. 

I am currently making plans to celebrate my Mom's 93rd birthday.  My Mom's birthday is in December so for the past few years I have incorporated a Santa visit for all the great grandkids (there are 15 of them now) into her party. Prior to that we always celebrated at the Knights of Columbus Christmas Party. My parents were very involved with the K of C council here in town and would buy 2 tables of seats at the party so all of the family could attend and since we were all together that would also be a great opportunity to remember Mom on her birthday. 


 
This is a photo from one of Mom's birthday celebrations at the K of C Christmas Party.
 
Please join me as I live A Day in the Life with Mom.
 

4 comments:

  1. Bless you Wendy for all your love and caring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have now dedicated a page to your mom. I will check it out often. You are a wonderful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy,
    Did you check with the K of C? We pride ourselves with the care of the widows and orphans of deceased knights. I think Pops held office for a number of year in the K of C? I love you, keep up the good work. Larnzy

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.