Wednesday, November 27, 2013

What do you do with a 35# Turkey????

There are only going to be 5 of us for Thanksgiving Dinner this year...so what do I do??.....I grow monster turkeys and end up with the largest at 35 pounds!!!

I had no idea what I was going to do with a bird this large so I asked Frank if he could cut it in half and we could have half for Thanksgiving and half for Christmas.  Two 17 pound turkeys would be much better than one 35 pound turkey.

So....that is what he did.....
 
He started with a Butcher knife but it didn't take long to figure out that was not going to work.

 
So he went into the garage and got his saw.

 
That made short work of it.

 
Before you knew it he was done.

 
Except for washing the saw.

 
And now I have 2 turkeys. 
 The halves are still too large to fit into a roasting pan.
So I will use the pan insert for my large chafing pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.