Saturday, May 24, 2014

Surprise!! The Weekly Menu

I have a confession to make....I lied to all of you last week when I posted my Weekly Menu.  You see there on Friday, where I have Linguine in Clam Sauce written?  I knew I wasn't making dinner on Friday but I put a dinner there anyway.

Why, you ask would I lie about something so silly?  Well, you see, my sister, Dawn, faithfully reads my blog every day (or she better!!).  Anyways, her husband, Tom had planned a surprise party for last night and I couldn't tell you about it without ruining the surprise for her.

And she was surprised!  She arrived at the bar at which she works believing that there was a fundraiser for which she would be bar-tending only to find us all there to celebrate her 50th birthday with her.

Dawn is proud to be 50 and going strong!!
So without further ado, I will post this week's menu and I will not intentionally lie to any of you.  It is going to be a quiet week.  Tomorrow we are invited to Kirsten and John's for an early dinner, their son, Michael, is in town for a wedding tonight.  Try it Tuesday we are having a date night so I promise to try something new at the restaurant.  Friday we are going to go for the Linguine with Clam Sauce that I lied about last week.

Please stop by each day for photos and recipes and join us at MPM for tons of great menu ideas.

Saturday
Grilled Pork Chops

Sunday
Dinner at the Lents'

Meatless Monday
Garlic Bread

Try it Tuesday
Date Night

Wednesday
Grilled Ham Steaks 
Grilled Pineapple

Thursday
Rice 
Grilled Vegetables

Friday
Linguine with Clam Sauce
Tossed Salad

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome surprise for your sister...Welcome to the 50's Dawn!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.