Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Build you own grilled pizza for Try it Tuesday and A Year of Pizzas.

Ok, so another day of the best made plans gone awry.  The plan was that John and Kirsten were coming over and we were going to make build your own pizzas and cook them on the grill but, of course, it is storming like crazy here.  It is not yet 4:30 so there is a slight chance it might stop by 6 but it certainly does not look promising.

So I am going ahead and making my dough because either way we are having pizza tonight.  If we can't grill it we will use the basement oven because it is pretty steamy out to have the upstairs oven going.  After all, it is my Year of Pizza Challenge.

Besides eating we are also setting up and decorating the trellis (or not) depending on the weather, making the place setting cards and Kirsten will be doing a small alteration to Tingting's wedding dress.  Mom is at Dawn's so we should be able to get a lot accomplished tonight.  Tomorrow Nancy will pick Mom up and take her for her mani/pedi and hair appointment, freeing me up to pick up the flowers and cake and deliver them to the restaurant.

Tamie switched her cleaning day to tomorrow for me so I don't need to worry about that...I just pray that these storms don't rain on our parade wedding tomorrow.

Anyway, enough whining from me.  Here is the recipe I am using for my pizza dough tonight.  I found it on Foodnetwork.com courtesy of Ina Garten.    I am only using the dough recipe but the toppings Ina Garten has listed sound pretty good too.


After the dough is kneaded place in a bowl that has been sprayed with Olive Oil.
Roll the dough around to coat with oil.
Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.


It will double in size and be very soft.


Punch the dough down.
Divide it into equal pieces.
Roll into balls and let rest for another 10 minutes.

Pizza Dough
adapted from Ina Garten

1 1/4 c. of warm water (105*)
2 pkgs. dry yeast
1 T. honey
3 T. olive oil
4 c. flour
2 t. kosher salt

Combine the water,yeast, honey and olive oil in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook.  Add 3 cups flour and then the salt, and mix.  While mixing add 1 more cup of flour or enough to make a soft dough.  Knead the dough on medium low speed for about 10 minutes, or until smooth sprinkling with additional flour to keep it from sticking to the bowl.

When the dough is ready, turn it out onto a floured board and knead by hand a dozen or so times, until smooth and elastic.  Place the dough in a well oiled bowl, turning several times to cover it with the oil.  Cover bowl with a kitchen towel and allow to rest at room temp for 30 minutes.  

Divide the dough into 6 equal parts and roll each into a smooth ball.  Allow the dough to rest for 10 minutes longer.

Print Recipe


While the dough was resting I prepared the toppings.


After 10 minutes, I rolled the dough into rounds.


We all added our own toppings.
Put the pizza directly on the grill for about 5 minutes.
This was mine...onion, ham and mushrooms.
Delicious!!

I am sharing this at Wednesday Whatsits, stop by and see what else people are sharing this week!




2 comments:

  1. Do you know that I have never made homemade pizza, ever! I have heard that it is good luck to have it rain on your wedding day. Don't know if there is any truth to that but I am praying you have a beautiful day for an outdoor wedding. Give Ting my Best wishes please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Homemade pizza is very easy and much less expensive. Thank you for your good thoughts and wishes. I will definitely pass them on to Ting

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.