Sunday, May 18, 2014

Strawberry Almond Spongecakes



Yesterday I shared my recipe for these individual Almond Sponge Cakes.  They were all prepared and baked yesterday so that I could use them for my dessert this evening.


This morning I hulled and sliced some strawberries and macerated them in some Amaretto.


When it was time to enjoy dessert all I needed to do was whip the cream


And assemble the sponge cakes.

Strawberry Almond Sponge Cakes

1 Almond Sponge Cake per person 
2 qts. strawberries, hulled and sliced
2 T. Amaretto
1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
1 T. powdered sugar
1/2 c. vanilla ice cream per person

Sprinkle strawberries with Amaretto and let set at room temperature for a few hours to macerate.

When ready to serve dessert, whip cream with powdered sugar until light and fluffy.

Place one scoop of  vanilla ice cream onto each Almond Sponge Cake dessert cup.  Top with macerated strawberries and add a dollop of the whipped cream.  Print Recipe

Linking up with Thrifty Thursday where you can find tons of money saving recipes and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.