Saturday, May 10, 2014

Getting ready for Saturday Dinner and Game Night

Wow, it's only Noon and I am way ahead of the game.  My morning routine is complete. Bella girl got a bath because she found some dead fish to roll around in....ugh.  I baked a carrot cake for dessert tonight.  I took Mom and went to the grocery store.  I cut up 4 chickens to use for dinner tonight and Thursday night.  I have the chicken backs and scraps simmering to make Chicken Stock. My Asparagus Tips with Cucumber Vinaigrette is made and Mom and I just finished lunch.

So, I thought I would take a breather and share the Asparagus recipe with you.  This is a great recipe because it can be made way ahead of time and served at room temperature.  This makes it perfect for summer pot lucks also.  It is colorful, beautiful, easy and tasty.  What more can you ask for out of a dish??

This recipe is adapted from Christina Ferrare's, Family Entertaining.  This cookbook has a lot of easy, family friendly recipes and ideas.


Asparagus Tips with Cucumber Vinaigrette
Adapted from Christina Ferrare's, Family Entertaining

1 bunch asparagus, tough ends snapped off and steamed until crisp tender (2-3 minutes)
1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
2 scallions, chopped 
chopped basil leaves
chopped fresh parsley
2 T. olive oil
juice from 1/2 small lemon
squirt of dijon mustard
2 dashes of soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Place asparagus on platter.  Toss remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over asparagus.  Serve at room temperature.  Print Recipe

2 comments:

  1. We love steamed asparagus. Richard just cannot chew it anymore...

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.