Thursday, May 1, 2014

With Fries on the Side

I am posting this just so everyone knows that we are regular normal people.  I do love to cook and entertain and try new recipes but I also have days when we throw together pbj sandwiches, pour a glass of milk and eat in the living room while watching the boob tube.

Today was not quite that bad but when I was making my Weekly Menu I knew that today was going to be a crazy day so I put hot dogs and fries down for tonight.  We like hot dogs around here and always have them on hand. Being carboholics we always want more than just the bun, often we have baked beans or chips but tonight I made French Fries.


I soak the potatoes in cold water to remove some of the starch.
I use my salad spinner to make sure they are completely dry.


Use a good amount of oil but be careful that the pan is not too full.
The oil will boil wildly and overflow if there is too much oil.


Drain on paper towel.
Season with salt and pepper.
Enjoy.


French Fries

1 Russet Potato for every 2 people
Cooking Oil
Salt and Pepper

Scrub potatoes and cut into fries.  I leave the peels on but you can peel the potatoes if you prefer.  Soak in cold water for an hour or so.  Drain, rinse and dry completely.

Heat oil in a deep pan to 350*.  Add the potatoes in batches.  Do not overcrowd.  Cook for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown.  

Remove to paper towel.  Season each batch as it comes out of the oil.




3 comments:

  1. We love hot dogs too....usually covered with chili and cheese. But I have to confess, I pop frozen fries in the oven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frozen Fries work too. Are you picky about your hot dogs? We only eat one brand here, Kowalski, with the skins.

      Delete
    2. Nah....we eat whatever is on sale..

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.