Thursday, May 8, 2014

Think Again Thursday

I thought that this Thursday was going to be a quiet day....Think Again
I thought that Dick and Jackie would be joining us for dinner.....Think Again
I thought we were grilling pork chops....Think Again

Life, once again, got in the way of my plans.  I am not complaining because the interruptions were very welcome ones and I had a wonderful day.

This morning we moved our chicks into their new abode...They seem very happy with their new house and immediately began redecorating!


When we were done with the chicks I went into town and ordered the wedding flowers and a trellis.  Then I went to Joann Fabric's for some netting and decorations for the trellis.  Two more items marked off my to-do list.

I had called Jackie and canceled dinner plans, asking if I could just have Nancy take Mom to her on her way home instead.  Jackie, as always, was agreeable.  This was due to the fact that Amy and Doug bought new kayaks and needed me to bring the truck down to them so they could pick them up from the store.  They each took a half day off work and took me out to lunch first.  Then we went to get the kayaks and took them back to their house. I thought lunch was my Mother's day present but when we got back to the house Amy gave me another present and card from her, Doug, Chuck and Kyle.


My kids know me so well.  All of my loves combined into one gift.
Kitchen items, Michigan items, items made and bought locally.
A perfect gift!!!

Doug left to go run some errands and Amy and I went to Home Depot to pick out the flooring, counter and paint for her house that she is renting to Ting and Tony.  She had already picked it out, she just needed someone to tell her she did a good job!!

Now we are running out to grab a burger before choir.  I hope your day was as good as mine and that you are Thriving at Home.


4 comments:

  1. That gift looks really 'cool'....ha ha I made a funny. No, it really does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Mother's Day gift! We have a lot of 'think again' days around here as well! (five kiddos; homeschooling; enough said) Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Rachael and thanks for letting me know I am not alone.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.