Friday, May 30, 2014

It's Nothing.....

Five Minute Friday is our place to take 5 minutes and just write about what is on our mind.  Our host, Lisa Jo, gives us a prompt to get us started.  We set a timer for 5 minutes and we just write.

Today's prompt is NOTHING.


Go

It is nothing, these are the words I am hoping to hear today.  Yesterday morning I was brushing my teeth when I noticed that I had a huge lump on the side of my neck.  There was no pain and I had not hurt myself. I called the doc and made an appointment for this morning. Since then I have had lots of different people look at it at tell me it is a lymph node that is swollen.

I would be lying if I said that this is not worrisome to me.  I am anxious to go to the doctor so that she can assure me that it is nothing.  My friend, Lou, who is a nurse and has worked oncology for a great part of her career told me that it is probably because I have just gotten over being sick.  I have never had anything like this before.  I am determined that I am not going to panic though because I am sure the doctor is going to tell me it is nothing....and if it is something there is nothing that worrying will do to help.

Stop

12 comments:

  1. It is so true that no matter how hard you try to tell yourself it's nothing, there's still that small part of your brain that says, "Well, what if it's [insert horrible-long shot-life threatening disease here]."

    I will be praying for you today, and I hope you'll share an update when you get one!

    Visiting from FMF: http://raisingamommy.blogspot.com/2014/05/fmf-nothing.html
    And we have the same background on our blogs! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know those feelings, though they were from my husband being diagnosed. You are in my prayers ... I'm sure it is nothing. =) Please let us know.
    Blessings
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea. I will be updating as soon as I know anything.

      Delete
  3. I'm waiting for a similar diagnosis for my daughter - I know the feeling. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sending you prayers and good thoughts. Hope to hear back soon with what 'nothing' it was...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula, unfortunately it will be a while now because I go for a CAT scan on Tuesday and then will have to await the results.

      Delete
  5. I know how hard it is to wait . You'll be in my prayers.

    P.S If possible avoid searching online for answers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending prayers and good thoughts your way Wendy:) Praying that your results will come out fine and you can just put all this behind you. Take care and God bless you! (HUGS)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise. I will take all the prayers I can get.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.