Monday, May 26, 2014

Summertime and the Living is Easy

I love easy, simple recipes that can be made ahead of time and thrown into the refrigerator to be enjoyed later on, especially in the summertime.

In the winter I like simple recipes that can be thrown into the crockpot to be enjoyed later on, unless it is a casserole that was thrown into the refrigerator to be thrown into the oven.

Of course, during the summer you can always just throw something on the grill.  If you feel energetic you can throw together a marinade or a rub.  Then while dinner is waiting to be finished you can go out and throw a ball with the kids or throw some weeds out of your garden or throw a floatie in the pool and chill out.  Just don't throw the baby out with the bath water....now there is a strange phrase for you!!!

Okay, Okay...No more throwing accept to tell you how to throw together this easy peasy macaroni salad to enjoy with whatever you throw on the grill...we threw on Ham Steaks and Pineapple Slices.  You can also make this a main dish salad by throwing in some tuna or shrimp which is how my Mom used to make it.

I'm sorry....sometimes my mind just grabs onto something and get's carried away.  Just thought I would throw that out there....ok, ok....I'm really, truly sorry this time.  I just slapped myself upside the head so hopefully that knocked some sense into me.

This meal was originally scheduled for Wednesday but Frank's cousin, John and his son, Jeff came by to do some target practice so I switched up my Weekly Menu so I would have enough food for everyone.  We will do Meatless Wednesday this week instead of Meatless Monday.



Macaroni Salad

1 lb. macaroni noodles, cooked per package directions
1/2 small onion, finely diced
2 stalks celery, finely diced
8 oz. cheese cut into crumbles or shredded
1 c. miracle whip
2 T. sweet relish
1 t. white vinegar
1 t. yellow mustard
salt and pepper to taste

Place noodles, onion, celery and cheese in a large bowl and toss to combine.  Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a small bowl, pour over macaroni mixture and mix well.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Print Recipe


2 comments:

  1. I was laughing my behind off at all of your 'throws'. The salad looks delish. I know my family would love it! And throwing in some canned chicken or shrimp would make it even better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for throwing me a bone Paula....I can always count on you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.