Wednesday, May 7, 2014

We are having a Wedding!

Tingting texted me yesterday to let me know that she was getting married next week, Wednesday.  So we got moving!!! She contacted Amy and asked her to be the Maid of Honor.  We contacted all the people who are closest to Ting and Tony and had them set aside the date.  We found a wedding officiant to perform the ceremony which will be held here at the house.  Dawn's husband, Tom, will be doing the photo's and we put a call in to the lady who will be making the cake.  I also made reservations for the Bride and Groom to spend their Wedding Night at The Heather House, a beautiful B&B in the area.  And that was our evening last night!!

Today I went to the Voyageur Restaurant and booked a private room for dinner after the ceremony. I chose the menu and the bar offerings.  Each guest will get to choose one of three entrees, filet mignon, chicken marsala or grilled salmon.  They may have high balls, wine, beer or soft drinks.  The setting is lovely and perfect for a small group.  The pastry chef returned my call and the cake is ordered.

Tomorrow we will order up the flowers and Friday or Saturday we will be finding a wedding dress.  It is going to be beautiful.  Ting has chosen pink and white for her theme.  I wonder if that choice was due to the fact that she is holding a precious little girl inside her during this whirlwind wedding?



6 comments:

  1. Wow! Planning a wedding in one week! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not really doing anything except making phone calls LOL.

      Delete
  2. Oh that will be so much fun! I am so proud of her that she is choosing marriage. So many don't these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a good girl and they are a wonderful couple. They plan on having the marriage blessed and the baby christened so she didn't want a big wedding right now. She says when she gets married in church that will be her "real" wedding but they did want to be married before the baby arrives.

      Delete
    2. And I know that you will make this beautiful and wonderful for her.

      Delete
    3. I am pretty impressed with everything I have managed to get accomplished in a few short days.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.