Friday, November 8, 2013

Scrapbooking and Weekly Menu

Once a year me, Amy, Kirsten, Jen, Lili, my friend Sue and my friend Cathy get together for a scrapbooking day put on by the Ladies Auxiliary of the FOP Lodge 124.  We have been doing this for about 8 years now.  As soon as Lil got old enough she started joining us.  This year Jen and Lil are not going to be able to attend because they have a baby shower to attend for Jen's niece. The first year we were preparing to celebrate my folks 70th Wedding Anniversary so Amy and I made all the invitations for their party.  The next couple of years I scrapbooked my exchange students journey in America and then for the last few years I have made my Christmas cards.  This is no small feat, I send out over 100 cards each year. This is the card I will be making this year.

 
 
While we are out scrapbooking, Frank is having a shooting class. So I will provide lunch for 10 to be served while I am gone.  I chose to have sloppy joes because they are quick, easy and I can make them the night before. All Frank has to do is plug in the crockpot a few hours before he wants to serve lunch. 



Sloppy Joes

4 lbs. ground beef
1 onion
4 cloves garlic
3 cans of chicken gumbo soup
1 c catsup
2 T. mustard
4 dashes hot sauce
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. Worcestershire sauce

Brown ground beef with onion and garlic.  Place in slow cooker.  Add remaining ingredients and mix well.  Cook on low for 3-4 hrs.  Print Recipe

This recipe will make enough for 12-16 servings.  It freezes very well.


Tomorrow I have a Painting Class with Kirsten so Frank and John will be meeting us out for dinner afterwards.

Dawn is keeping Mom on Tuesday instead of  Monday so Frank and I get a date night.

This is the menu for this week.

Saturday-Shooting Class
Sloppy Joes
Chips
Cole Slaw

Sunday
Out for Dinner

Monday
Pork Vegetable Soup

Tuesday
Date Night

Wednesday
Chicken Cacciatore over Pasta

Thursday
Pot Roast
Mashed Potatoes
Brussels Sprouts
Roasted Jerusalem Artichokes

Fish Friday-Moved over from last week.
Honey Soy Broiled Salmon
 
 
Join us at MPM for more menu ideas.
 






1 comment:

  1. Your card is a beauty and looks like fun to make...Love the menu this week

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.