Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tuesday Two Ways

Today is Try it Tuesday.  It is also List it Tuesday.  So I thought I would combine them and give you Tuesday Two Ways.

Tonight for dinner I am making a Mediterranean Chicken.  Chicken is one of those dishes that are enjoyed by every culture so after my recipe I am going to list different chicken dishes that we enjoy on a regular basis. 

The recipe I am using for Mediterranean Chicken is adapted from Hun... What's for Dinner.  She adapted her recipe from For the Love of Cooking.  Both of these recipes are for Chicken Thighs. Those of you that follow my blog know that my chicken does not come in pieces, wrapped in plastic at the grocery store.  My chickens are raised by me and then frozen whole.  For this recipe I am using the thighs and drumsticks from a whole chicken.  The breast meat will be used in Thursday's dinner of  Chicken Parmesan and the rest of the chicken will be used for Saturday's dinner.  Check back for those photos and recipes.



Mediterranean Chicken
slightly adapted from Hun...What's for Dinner
and For the Love of Cooking.

2 Chicken Legs and 2 Chicken Thighs
4  T. Olive Oil
Juice and Zest of 1 Lemon
1 T. Red Wine Vinegar
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 T. Fresh Oregano Leaves, removed from stems and chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste

Place all ingredients in a large Ziploc bag and let Chicken marinate overnight or for at least 2 hrs. in the refrigerator.

Preheat oven to 350*.  Heat 1 T. Olive Oil in an Oven Proof Skillet over Med High heat.  Brown the chicken pieces on one side and cook until brown, 5-7 Minutes.  Flip Chicken over and place pan in the preheated oven to finish cooking.  Approximately 10 more minutes or until Chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165*.  Remove from oven.  Let rest, loosely covered with foil, for 10 minutes.
Print Recipe


We eat Chicken a lot in our household and I have several recipes that I fall back on all the time.  I am listing them below.  I hope that there are some recipes included that you would like to try.

1. Chicken Noodle Soup
2. Chicken Tortilla Soup
3. White Chicken Chili
4. Chicken Broccoli Pie
5. Chicken and Dumplings
6. Chicken Cacciatore
7. Chicken Fried Rice
8. Chicken Marsala
9. Chicken Piccatta
10. Chicken Pot Pie
11. Chicken Stir Fry
12. Fried Chicken
13. Roast Chicken
14. Chicken for Tacos







2 comments:

  1. I am bookmarking this list. We eat a lot of chicken as well. But also a lot of beef!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just ordered my beef for this year and when I went through my freezers to make room I was very surprised how much beef I had left from last year. I am going to have to add some more beef recipes to my repertoire I guess.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.