Saturday, January 25, 2014

Book Review and Weekly Menu

I finished Calico Joe Thursday night when we got home from dinner.  I was very tired but I was also anxious to get back to the story which I enjoyed very much.  In typical John Grisham style, the book caught my attention and held it completely.  I am not a huge baseball fan but that did not matter.  This book was mostly about dealing with past hurts and angers and learning to let go of them and forgive each other. 
 
 
At one point in the book, the narrator is invited to dinner at a reporters house and his wife serves a vegetarian meal.  I am going to use this meal as a basis for my Meatless Monday.
 
I have now started on "Defending Jacob" by William Landay.  So far so good.
 
Once we get home our week is pretty quiet except for Friday night when we are meeting our friends, The Douma's, for dinner out.
 
 Weekly Menu
 
 
Saturday
 Still in VA
 
Sunday
Flying home-probably carryout unless Ting surprises us with Dinner (hint,hint)
 
Meatless Monday
Brown Rice
 
Try it Tuesday
Mediterranean Chicken
Roasted Red Skin Potatoes
Steamed Green Beans
 
Wednesday
Cheeseburger Pizza
 
Thursday
Chicken Parmesan
Pasta Marinara
Steamed Broccoli

Friday
Out for dinner

A Day in the Life on the Farm

Join me each day as I post photos and recipes.  You can find mine and many more menus at MPM
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.