Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wednesday Wanderings

Here it is Wednesday already.  Tomorrow, God willing, we head to Virginia.  A huge winter storm hit the east coast so hopefully by the morning they will be all plowed out and all flights will be back to normal.

This morning I wandered over to my kickboxing class.

  Then I wandered over to the church to pick up the linens to be washed.
From there I wandered over to the food pantry to get ready for tonight's distribution. 
 When I left there I wandered over to the grocery store to pick up
 what I needed for the Peas and Peanuts I am taking to potluck tonight.

I am posting my Weekly Goals for those of you who are interested and below that you will find my recipe for Peas and Peanuts which is one of my favorite dishes to take to potlucks.

Every Day Goals

Time with my Lord

Make Bed

Floss/brush/shower

Swish and Swipe

Empty dishwasher/Load breakfast dishes

Laundry

Straighten House

Last Week's Goals

Work some more on organizing the attic. I never even thought about the attic!!

Attend 3 kickboxing sessions.

Walk/Run 3 Miles. I did get in 1.6 miles. 

Sort through and organize Quilting Supplies. Definitely back on my to do list, I need to start on a new gift this week.

This Week's Goals

Relax and Enjoy our time in Virginia.

Get at least 2 walks in while in Virginia.

Attend 2 kickboxing sessions.

Clean out freezers to make room for this season's meat.  Donate remaining meat from last season to food pantry.

Sort through and Organize Quilting Supplies.

Start new quilting project.


I am off to my Potluck Dinner at Church in a few minutes but before I go I want to share my recipe.



Peas and Peanuts

1 pkg. (28 oz.) frozen peas, thawed
2 c. roasted, salted peanuts
1/2 small red onion, diced
1 c. dried cherries, cranberries or raisins

1 c. Miracle Whip
1/2 c. Sour Cream
1 T. white vinegar
1/2 c. sugar

In large bowl mix Miracle Whip, Sour Cream, Vinegar and Sugar with a whisk until combined and smooth.  Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat.  Chill until ready to serve.

Sharing this recipe on Thrifty Thursday.

Have a great day everyone!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.