Friday, January 17, 2014

Five Minute Friday



Lisa Jo Baker started an exercise called 5 minute Friday.  The premise is that you are given a word, you set your timer for 5 minutes and you write whatever comes to mind about that word for 5 minutes without editing or overthinking.  It is a fun exercise and I believe it helps our writing skills.



Encouragement

START

Today's word is encouragement.  It is difficult to live in this world if you are discouraged so I try very hard to offer encouragement to others as they struggle with the difficulties life hands them.  And life hands all of us difficulties.  There are so many things that we struggle with each day.  There is illness, addiction, family dynamics, problems at work or maybe no job at all.....it is hard to not get discouraged.  As hard as you might try to concentrate on those things in your life that are wonderful, those struggles keep pushing their way into your life and your thoughts. 

My mantra is "Let go and Let God".  We all have problems, we all have heartache and pain and sorrow but that does not mean that God is not here for us.  His Son came to us and suffered just as we do.

STOP



4 comments:

  1. I'm dropping by from FMF. Thanks for the ENCOURAGEMENT to let go and let God. Sometimes, even when we serve Him, it's hard to let go! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in total agreement with you (and commenter Dorothy) it is hard to let go! I struggle everyday with giving my problems to God and then letting go! Much easier said than done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is Paula, especially for us self professed Control Freaks.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.