Thursday, January 23, 2014

Review of "Hotel at the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" and a new book began.

 
 
I thought this book was a wonderful portrayal of four different cultures during the WWII Era.  It was a lovely love story also but that was not what struck me first about this book.   It was a good study of the attitudes and prejudices held by Americans, Chinese, Japanese and African Americans during the tumultuous events occurring during the war and as a result of the attack on Pearl Harbor.  It gave me a lot of insight as to how each group was affected by the war and how they reacted as a result.  I would recommend it especially for those of you, who like me, enjoy historical fiction.
 
Calico Joe
 
I have now started Calico Joe by John Grisham.  I am about half way through and I had to go online to see if it was a true story.  It is written that well.

2 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.