Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Impossible.....Things are Happening Every Day

My title today comes from the Rodgers and Hammerstein version of Cinderella that I have talked about in a past blog.  It is sung to Cinderella by her fairy Godmother who tells her that Impossible things happen every day.  So whenever I feel like something is Impossible I sing this little song to myself so I remember that all things are possible through God.


Matthew 19:26

New International Version (NIV)
26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”


I am happy to report that since I started the 12 Months to a Healthier You Challenge I have lost 2.3 lbs.  This might not seem like much but I am quick to tell myself that if I had gained 2.3 lbs. it would seem like a ton.  Funny how our minds do things like that to us.  I thought, after my first kickboxing class, that it was Impossible that it would get easier...but it did.....it is still hard but I no longer feel like puking during class.


I met up with my friend, Sandy, today for a walk before the Backpack Program.  The sun was shining here this morning so that was a wonderful bonus!!  Sunshine in Michigan in January seems like an Impossible Dream.


Frank and I went to see " Saving Mr. Banks" this afternoon.  It is Impossible not to love this movie. It is Impossible not to cry during this movie, and it is Impossible not to want to watch Mary Poppins again after seeing this movie.


When I was a young Mom, many years ago, one of the most popular back of the box recipes was the Impossible pie.  They were called Impossible because the crust seems to just form itself out of nowhere.  There were many different types of pies you could make from sweet to savory.  Tonight for dinner I made an Impossible pie using the leftover chicken from Sunday's Roast Chicken.  I am sure that the original Impossible pie recipes are still around out there in cyberspace somewhere.  I think they were originally on the back of the Bisquick box but it might have been the Jiffy box, not really sure.  Anyway, this is my adaptation of the recipe.  I hope you enjoy it.


Chicken and Broccoli Pie


1/2 of 16 oz. package frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
1 (2 c. package) of Shredded Cheese (I use whatever I have on hand, today it was 1/2 pkg of Colby/Monterey blend and 1/2 pkg of Mexican blend)
1 1/2  c. cut up cooked chicken
1 small onion, chopped
1 c. baking mix
1.5 c. milk
4 eggs
salt and pepper to taste


Place the broccoli, cheese, chicken and onion in the bottom of a greased deep dish pie plate.  Season with salt and pepper.  Mix remaining ingredients with a whisk and pour over the chicken, cheese and vegetables. Bake at 350* for 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center of pie comes out clean.
Print Recipe




I am linking up this list of Possible Impossibilities at List it Tuesday and Thrive at Home Thursday.

4 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.