Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Organizing for October

Today is the first day in October....it is also the first day in my vow to get my basement storage room and attic organized.  I have been talking about doing this for years but every time I walk into those areas I get very anxious and overwhelmed, shut the door and find something else to occupy my time.
Now, armed with inspiration from FlyLady, Organizing Junkie and Gospel Homemaking, I am ready to take my first baby step.

I am going to open the door, enter that storage room in the basement, set the timer for 15 minutes and starting with the nearest shelf, I am going to start sorting.  I will have three containers, one for trash, one for donations and one for items that are staying.  After 15 min.  I will close the door, wash the cobwebs from my hands and face and forget about it until tomorrow and each day thereafter, spending 15 minutes a day until I am done.  I will keep you updated on my progress both here and on
 
A Bowl Full of Lemons
 

I am posting some pics of my storage room as it is right at this moment....I am embarrassed but I think you will understand why I have felt so overwhelmed and have put it off for so long....Please join me on this journey....I need all the support I can get. 







 
Sheesh it looks just as bad in photos LOL....
 
,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.