Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Birthday Dinner

Frank has no meetings scheduled today so he is going to pick up some sod and he and Dave are going to try to get the back yard repaired from the work we did to repair the basement leak and electrical problem this summer. I hope to work in the basement, organizing, this morning.  I have food pantry this afternoon and then Amy and Doug will be coming for dinner to celebrate her birthday.  Frank's Mom was going to join us but it turns out that this is also the night that they are celebrating our niece, Danielle's, birthday.  We are not going to be able to join them but Frank's sister is on vacation right now so we will wait and all celebrate together when they get home.

Amy is going to be 40 this year.  I hope and pray that she enjoys her 40's as much as I did.  The 40's were a very good decade for me.  I think you are young enough to try new things and old enough not to care what other's think of you.  We are also lucky enough to be spending this weekend with Amy, her boyfriend, Doug, and Randy, Jen, Lil and Spence.  We will celebrate Amy's birthday on Saturday night and then watch Lil play in her soccer tournament on Sunday.

Amy's favorite meal is Meatloaf and her favorite birthday "cake" is Apple Pie so I will be making both tonight. I am sticking with the Mashed Potatoes but instead of corn we will be having Roasted Butternut Squash because I am running out of space on my counter for all this squash!!



Meatloaf

1 lb. Ground Beef
1 lb. Ground Pork
1 1/2 c. fresh bread crumbs
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 c. Ketchup
1 egg
Salt and Pepper to taste

Combine all Ingredients and place in baking pan, I use an 8x11 pan.  Bake at 350* for 1 hour.  Remove to serving platter, cover with foil and let set for a few minutes before serving.  Print Recipe

 
I am linking up this post to Gospel Homemaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.