Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Storage, Sewing and Salmon

Wow....I have on word to say about the movie "Gravity".....INTENSE!!  We were on the edge of our seats the entire movie.  It was the fastest hour and half ever....there was not one slow part in the entire movie.  We watched it in 3D and it was great.

This morning I went down and worked an a Halloween Door Panel for my friend, Linda, we are meeting for her birthday lunch tomorrow.  I almost got it finished before I had to go assist with the backpack program.  Today was our first food delivery and it went pretty well.  I am sure each delivery will get more efficient as we get into a routine.  After working on the backpack program, I stopped and got some groceries so that I could make some food for Kim's family who are all arriving from out of town for the funeral.  I made some pork chop suey, steamed rice, broccoli salad, stuffing and roast turkey breast.  I am also sending some of my pickled spiced beets and homemade applesauce.

I chose pork chop suey because it is easy, fast, delicious and rewarms well.



Pork Chop Suey

1 1/2 lbs. pork loin cut into thin strips
1 T. cooking oil (I use coconut)
1 medium onion, sliced
2 stalks celery, bias sliced
8 oz. mushrooms
1 small can water chestnuts
1 bag fresh bean sprouts
1 1/2 c. beef broth
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. water
2 T corn starch

Heat oil in large sauté pan or wok.  Add pork and stir fry until brown, remove to a plate.  Add onion and celery and stir fry until crisp tender.  Add mushrooms and water chestnuts and cook a few minutes more until all vegetables are cooked.  Return pork and any juices on the plate to the wok. Add beef broth and soy sauce, bring to a boil.  Combine the cornstarch with the cold water and add to the pan.  When the gravy starts to thicken, reduce heat.  Add the fresh bean sprouts and heat through.  Serve with Steamed Rice.
Print Recipe

As soon as my turkey breast is finished and sliced we will be delivering it to Kim's Mom's house.  She lives about 45 minutes south of us so we will grab dinner on the way back home.  I think Buddy's pizza sounds good. This means my Try it Tuesday Salmon is getting moved to Thursday night and the Roast Chicken is off the menu for this week.

After Mom goes to bed this evening I will go down for my 15 minutes of organizing and hopefully finish my birthday gift for Linda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.