Friday, October 11, 2013

Fiesta Friday

So today we are finally taking in Ting's car for service.  If you remember, this was originally scheduled for Monday but life got in the way.  After we drop it off we will swing by the grocery store to pick up needed items for our Mexican Dinner this evening.

I have my chicken in the pot to cook so that I have broth and shredded chicken for tonight's tacos and my black beans simmering for my soup so I am going to take advantage of Frank being home and have him help me with some organizing in the basement.  It is actually starting to come together a little bit.  I'm surprised at how expensive organizing is.  Every time I go out I am buying more plastic containers, china covers and I even bought a freestanding closet for our scuba gear.  It will be well worth it though and all this stuff only needs to be bought once.

All of my menu for tonight comes from a cookbook by Rick Bayless.  If you are not familiar with him I have included a link so that you can get some great authentic Mexican recipes.

The only original tonight is Frank's Fantastic Margarita's.  The recipe is listed below.




1 1/2 shots Tequila (Frank uses Cuervo Gold)
3/4 shot of Triple Sec
Splash of Grand Marnier
3 oz. Margarita Mix (Frank will only use Mrs. T's)

Salt the rim of a Margarita Glass by running a slice of lime across the rim and dipping into coarse salt. Add all ingredients, stir, and ice to fill glass to rim.  Enjoy!!!!
Print Recipe




No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.