Thursday, January 9, 2014

Celery Steak and Back to Choir

As foretold by my alphabet today, we are having celery steak for dinner tonight.  I am trying to eat a little healthier.  Big surprise there.....Don't we all try to eat healthier during January.....I think it is because we od'd on all the junk food from Thanksgiving until the first of the year. 

Okay....I will get back on track.  This recipe was given to me by my niece, Jen's, mom when I was married to her brother.....wow that seems like a lifetime ago....so it is an oldie but a goodie...Enjoy!











 Celery Steak

 
1 lb. Round Steak, thinly sliced
1/4 c. Soy Sauce
4 t. Lemon Juice
1 1/2 t. sugar
1 t. salt

Combine Soy Sauce, Lemon Juice, sugar and salt in a Ziploc bag.   Add Meat and place in refrigerator.  Marinade at least 5 hrs. or overnight.

1 Medium Onion, thinly sliced
2 c. Bias sliced Celery
1 Green Pepper, sliced
12 oz. package of sliced Mushrooms.
1 T. cooking oil ( I used coconut oil)

Heat oil in large fry pan or wok.  Add vegetables and stir fry until crisp tender.  Add Meat with marinade and stir fry with the vegetables for 2-3 minutes, until cooked through. 

1 c. Beef Broth
2 T. Cornstarch

Combine Broth and Cornstarch.  Pour over Beef and Vegetables.  Bring to a boil until slightly thickened.


Dinner was delicious, healthy and economical.  1 lb. of an inexpensive cut of meat made a meal to feed a family of four.  On the way to our first choir practice of the year.  Have a great night all.




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.