Friday, October 18, 2013

A Complete Turn Around....

 
Well, things were fine when I left here this morning but I guess they got worse as the day progressed.  Just got a call from Dawn who said that Nancy had the roughest day she has yet experienced with Mom.  Dawn said Mom came into the house screaming at Nancy that she was supposed to take her home, not here (to Dawn's).  This was not part of the plan.  Nancy was a liar and wrong and a few things that I cannot repeat in this blog.  Mom further went on to tell Nancy to go to HE double hockey sticks and to never come back again.  Mom told Nancy she was done with her and never wanted to see her again.  Then Mom looked at Dawn and demanded to know what she was doing there.  Dawn tried to tell Mom that she was there to spend the weekend.  Mom got even more irate and said that nobody consulted her about that and who did we think we were, she wanted to go home.  Dawn asked if she wanted to come back to my house and Mom said NO she wants to go to her own house once and for all.  Dawn asked her where that house was and of course Mom had no idea but that quieted her down long enough for Dawn to get her an anxiety pill and a glass of wine.
 
Dawn said that now (2 hrs. later), Mom has finally calmed down and accepted the fact that she is staying at Dawn's for the weekend.  It is hard for me to head up north and enjoy myself when I worry that Mom is going to be a pain in the neck. 
 
It is funny to me because Mom and Dawn were always much closer than Mom and I.  They are like two peas in a pod.  They liked all the same things, shopping, makeup, garage sales, gossiping, primping....and I liked hanging out with my Pops.  Yet, Mom often cannot be consoled by anyone other than me...I don't get it.
 
Anyway, Dawn will take good care of Mom.  She is just a little concerned because she has to work tonight so her husband will have to deal with it but he's a good guy and will be very patient with Mom. So I am going to enjoy my weekend off and cheer like crazy at my Lili's game.  I am always an embarrassment to her when I go to her games LOL.

 
This is a picture of Mom and Dawn when Dawn hosted Mom's birthday party in 2011.
Hard to believe this was just 2 short years ago and how quickly Mom's mind has deteriorated since.
 

2 comments:

  1. I hope you can enjoy yourself without worrying too much. My youngest son says we worry because we are control freaks...but I am pretty sure he doesn't know what he is talking about :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Control Freaks?? Us?? Just because it took me nearly having a nervous breakdown to allow others to help me.....what IS he talking about LOL.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.