Thursday, October 24, 2013

Mom's Memories


I am sitting here having a conversation with my Mom.

Mom-This old house sure has a lot of memories doesn't it?
Me-What kind of memories do you have?
Mom-Well years worth.
Me-How long have you lived here?
Mom-Well I don't know but our family has lived here since we were just little kids.
Me-Really, who in the family lived here?
Mom-Well, almost all of them, I think they took turns.  Are you living here now?
Me-Yes.
Mom-How long ago did you move in here.
Me-12 years.
Mom-Wow, it's funny I didn't know that. You must be happy to be back.
Me-Well, I can't remember living here before.
Mom-You can't, well you were probably too young.
Me-I guess so.
Mom-But wait, aren't you two years older than me?
Me-Well, I guess you just have a better memory than I.

See Day 25

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Ha! What entertainment they sometimes provide us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, we have to laugh or we would spend our days crying. Mom is teaching me to live in the moment. I used to try to correct her memories but now I have learned to share them with her.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.