Sunday, October 27, 2013

Scaring Great-Grandma

 
I enjoyed my weekend off.  We had a lot of fun and I got a lot accomplished. I contacted Jackie this morning and told her that Dawn and Tom couldn't go flying with us today so we were staying home and that I would pick Mom up around 5.  Kim is coming for dinner tonight and Mom enjoys spending time with her.  Jackie said that it was a great weekend with Mom.  She had her grandson, Carter, this weekend also and Mom was in her glory.  Carter is adorable and he is a chatterbox so Mom and he just talked and laughed and played.  Mom never once complained that she wanted to go home.  This makes me very happy because now there is no guilt in enjoying my weekend without her.
 
 
Jackie sent me this photo of Carter after he scared Great-Grandma.
 

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could figure out a way to do away with the guilt when I leave my care receiver behind while I am off enjoying myself. Hard to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard, especially if they are anxious and unhappy when you are gone but it is very important, Paula, that we take good care of ourselves so that we are able to take good care of them. A very important part of caring for ourselves is taking a mental break. It is too difficult to care give day in and day out. Be very kind to yourself. Hugs.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.